Junior IT Support Officer
The purpose of SAT‑7 is to provide Christian satellite and online television services to support the work and witness of the church in the Middle East and North Africa.
We are looking for an energetic and passionate Junior IT Support Officer to join our team in the International Office (Nicosia) as an IT junior intern.
The role’s main purpose is to provide reliable IT and Support services to employees in Cyprus and abroad.
- Install and configure computer hardware, software, printers
- Provide technical assistance and support in a timely manner to all IT requests and issues
- Ensure that all Desktop and Laptop Operating Systems are fully updated / patched and secured in Windows, Mac and Linux OS
- Assist in the implementation of new systems and applications
- Assist with basic data center maintenance
- Perform basic support and maintenance on tape archive systems, fiber networks, web domain configurations, servers, firewalls, networked devices
- Carry out any further duties assigned by their line manager
- Able to travel locally and internationally including countries such as Egypt, Lebanon and Turkey, from time to time.
Personal and professional qualifications
- Be sympathetic with and enthusiastic about the purpose, ethos and goals of SAT-7
- BSc in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or relevant field
- Fluent in English
- Energetic, positive and team player
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and to work well under pressure
- Ability to research new systems and to learn unassisted
The deadline for applying for this role is 10th January 2020.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and cover letter explaining your motivation to serve with SAT-7 to email@example.com. Please include the position for which you are applying in the subject line of your email.