IT SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
The purpose of SAT‑7 is to provide Christian satellite and online television services to support the work and witness of the church in the Middle East and North Africa.
Reporting to IT Manager, the IT Systems Administrator will have the responsibility to design, install, configure and maintain all aspects of the IT network and server equipment infrastructure and IT related technical aspects of the broadcast function. This includes the maintenance of computer equipment and IT related broadcasting equipment, including networks, database and web applications at SAT-7 International Office in Cyprus and providing technical assistance for projects and guidance for SAT-7 IT Officers in the Middle East and North Africa and international offices where required.
Main responsibilities include the development and maintenance of business systems within the Finance, Projects Management, and Legal departments, in coordination with the appropriate Applications Manager within SAT-7’s Operations.
Personal and professional qualifications
- Be sympathetic with and enthusiastic about the purpose and goals of SAT‑7
- A university degree (preferred) or college diploma in Computer Science or a related field is required. Certification in relevant courses will be considered (e.g. MCSE, CCNA).
- Previous experience of 2 years is an advantage
- Good working knowledge of Local Area Networks, TCP/IP, DNS and other Network Protocols
- Good knowledge of operating systems (Windows, Mac OS X, Linux).
- Good working knowledge of desktop applications, e.g. MS Office
- Knowledge of firewalls, VPN (IPsec and SSL0 using various authentication methods)
- Administration of Windows Servers including Active Directory, Virtual Servers
- Working with Managed Networks, VoIP telephony, Office Security Systems (Cameras and Access Control), Mobile Applications, FTP, Streaming
- Web Administration including knowledge of Servers, Domains
- Competence in different hardware and software, installing and configuring
- Experience in designing and implementing Internet and networking security
- Trouble Shooting experience
- Excellent communication skills to facilitate working in a multi-cultural, multi-denominational environment
- Fluency in English is required; Arabic, Farsi or Turkish is an advantage
- Excellent decision making and problem-solving skills
- Good organisational, project and time management skills
The deadline for applying for this role is 2nd November 2018
To apply for this position, please send your CV and cover letter explaining your motivation to serve with SAT-7 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position for which you are applying in the subject line of your email.