The purpose of SAT-7 is to provide Christian television to support the work and witness of the church in the Middle East and North Africa.
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Development Officer to join our Development and Fundraising department in our International Office in Cyprus. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing strategic media project proposals, overview and coordinate the implementation of projects and relevant donor reporting.
Furthermore, he/she will be managing the portfolio of strategic SAT-7 projects that are supported by restricted funds. This includes the coordination with our Support offices, Channel managers and Producers for the correct implementation of projects.
Reporting to the Development Manager
- Development/review of strategic proposals for social-impact and other programs in cooperation with all relevant SAT-7 stakeholders, to be submitted for funding.
- Monitoring and management about the correct implementation of the media projects including travelling to different offices when required.
- Manage and ensure the necessary reporting and auditing of projects carried out with restricted funds.
- Management and development of the portfolio of SAT-7 social-impact and other media projects
Personal and professional qualifications
- Be sympathetic with and enthusiastic about the purpose and goals of SAT‑7
- Minimum two years’ experience in a similar position
- Relevant university degree is required e.g. Social Sciences, Political Sciences, International Relations, International Development Studies, Conflict and Peace Studies
- Knowledge of Middle East political, socio-economics and religious issues is essential.
- Experience in project management, media for development or/and Christian ministry, and the coordination of projects supported by restricted funds.
- Outstanding English writing/speaking skills. Arabic, Turk or Farsi would be an advantage
- Previous experience of working in the Middle East or North Africa a strong advantage
- Experience from working with staff from different cultures
- Self-motivated, confident, proactive, and highly organized with ability to multi-task to meet deadlines
Deadline 4 March 2019
To apply for this position, please send your CV and cover letter explaining your motivation to serve with SAT-7 to email@example.com. Please include the position for which you are applying in the subject line of your email.