EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR FOR SAT-7 ARABIC CHANNELS
The purpose of SAT‑7 is to provide Christian satellite and online television services to support the work and witness of the church in the Middle East and North Africa.
We are looking for an Executive Director for SAT-7 Arabic Channels who will be responsible for all the functions of SAT-7 ARABIC, KIDS and Education and Development channels.
Is appointed by the CEO and the appointment is ratified by the SAT-7 International Board. The Executive Director (Arabic) is accountable to the CEO. The Executive Director (Arabic) is an ex-officio member of the SAT-7 International Board.
The Executive Director (Arabic) has a peer relationship with the Country Directors in Lebanon and Egypt. The Executive Director supervises the programming department including, program production, scheduling, on screen promotions, play lists, audience relations and acquisitions, and has content and creative management responsibility for all SAT-7 Arabic producers and the independent producers from whom material is commissioned.
The Executive Director (Arabic) the International Management Team (IMT) and the Middle East Management Team (MEMT).
- Ensure that all Arabic programming conforms to the SAT-7 Ethos and Program Policy
- Set the editorial direction and creative standard for all Arabic programming
- Oversee the planning, staffing, budgets, administration and evaluation of SAT-7’s Arabic program production work, including all work commissioned to outside producers
- Fundraise and travel to raise the profile of, and awareness of SAT-7 internationally.
- Oversee the work of the Acquisitions Department including the acquisition of foreign materials for dubbing or subtitling and indigenous original programming
- Oversee and approve the scheduling of all programming and play lists on SAT-7 Arabic channels, to ensure programming is available at the best possible times for the majority of specific audiences worldwide
- Approve the style of all creative material including promos, channel IDs
- Maintain and manage the Producer’s Manual and Programming Policy, presenting to the SAT-7 International Board any proposals for change
- Prepare and manage the budgets of the Production, Acquisition, Archive and Audience Relations Departments
- Oversee all Arabic language Audience Relations work
- Provide written and financial reports to the CEO quarterly, or as requested, including statistics on programs produced, acquired or scheduled
- Suggest program related research objectives
- Oversee both Lebanon and Egypt offices
- Maintain good relationships with freelance producers
- Hire producers from North Africa and the Gulf to maintain the balance of PAN ARAB Programming
Personal and professional qualifications
- Be sympathetic with and enthusiastic about the purpose and goals of SAT-7
- Be a committed Christian with a truly interdenominational attitude and openness to increasing his/her knowledge and appreciation of Middle Eastern Christianity, in all its diversity. Theological training is an advantage
- Previous experience in a similar position for at least 5 years is a must
- Previous experience of working in the Middle East or North Africa is a plus
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing to facilitate working in a multi-cultural, multidenominational environment
- Fluent in English and Arabic; Farsi or Turkish is an advantage
- Degree Media, TV, Communications or related
- Be a leader and yet a flexible team person who can listen and understand another person’s viewpoint, and relate well to people of all churches, ages and professions
- Ability to develop and manage teams effectively and work effectively with a senior management team
- Think strategically and articulate such strategies both verbally and in writing
- Be comfortable to represent SAT-7 to partners, associates, church, events etc
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- Should have administrative, financial and tv production skills
- Be able to improvise and operate on generally modest budgets
To apply for this position, please send your CV and cover letter explaining your motivation to serve with SAT-7 to email@example.com. Please include the position for which you are applying in the subject line of your email.