Office Services Officer
The purpose of SAT‑7 is to provide Christian content through satellite television, digital and social media to support the work and witness of the church in the Middle East and North Africa.
The Office Services Officer is responsible for providing support to the SAT-7’s international office in Nicosia to ensure smooth functioning of the office.
Reports directly to the HR Director
- Management of reception facilities including phone answering, front office services.
- Liaison with the messenger about incoming/outgoing mail, banking, enquiries, social insurances, post office etc.
- Health and safety of the offices ensuring that all office areas are kept clean, tidy and safe.
- Be responsible regarding issues concerning the maintenance of the building and communicate with the landlord and other stakeholders to make sure everything is working properly.
- Update office lists (i.e. holiday planner, SAT-7’s key addresses, telephone directory etc.).
- Track stocks and place orders for office supplies including stationary, kitchen supplies etc.
- Assist in the planning and preparation of meetings, office parties, seminars etc.
- Make travel arrangements (booking tickets and accommodation, liaising with travel agents, booking taxis) and keep travel insurances up to date.
- Maintain record of bills and invoices for the office.
- Assist the Arabic department with invoices, cashflows and contracts.
- Being responsible for the GDPR compliance of the organisation and ensuring that all departments follow the guidelines and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with the relevant health and safety legislation and taking the necessary actions to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented.
- Responsible for visitor visas, accommodation, and transportation.
- Responsible to liaise with the immigration agent on residency and work permit matters. Maintain records and follow up.
- Assist with other department and ministry projects assigned.
- Perform other tasks that contribute to the smooth running of the office.
Personal and professional qualifications
- Be sympathetic with and enthusiastic about the purpose and goals of SAT-7
- Fluent in English and Greek (Arabic an advantage)
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Must be discreet with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
- Well organised, reliable and pro-active with the ability to multitask
- Must have good judgement on priorities and ability to work on own initiative
- Previous related experience will be considered an advantage
Deadline: 23 July 2021
To apply for this position, please send your CV and cover letter explaining your motivation to serve with SAT-7 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position for which you are applying in the subject line of your email.