The purpose of SAT-7 is to provide Christian television and digital media services to support the work and witness of the church in the Middle East and North Africa.
We are currently looking to recruit an IT Manager who will be responsible for the smooth running of SAT-7 computer systems & network infrastructure, install, configure, and maintain all aspects of the IT network and server equipment infrastructure and IT related technical aspects of the broadcast function. This includes the database and web applications at SAT-7 International Office and providing technical assistance for projects and guidance for SAT-7 IT Officers in the MENA and international offices where required.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Implement and maintain the Local Area Network, Internet connectivity, VPNs. Configure switches, Wi-Fi, DHCP, DNS, etc. Ensure reliable infrastructure and access to all users of SAT-7 corporate applications.
- Implement and maintain server environments, including hardware and virtual machines.
- Add or remove user’s access to networks, create email accounts, FTP, and other system access control.
- Maintain personal productivity software (e.g., Create MS Office email domains), applying software patches and updates, install and configure applications.
- Research, diagnose and solve problems with computer hardware, software and networks. Work with external vendors and technicians to diagnose IT problems and ensure that problems are corrected in a timely manner.
- Implement measures to protect SAT-7 online information; including off-site data backups, Active Directory policies, applying software patches, antivirus software, firewalls and physical security measures.
- Ensure business continuity and corporate applications through the execution of the Business Continuity plan.
- Understand and document SAT-7 technical and business requirements as they apply to the IT Infrastructure.
- Research and understand the costs and timings of projects, negotiating with vendors as necessary, and making recommendations to the Broadcast & IT Director.
- Designing a detailed solution with diagrams including technical details.
- Training and guiding IT Staff at our MENA Offices; Occasionally doing onsite visits if necessary.
- Assist users in using the in-house and general office systems, ongoing training, Setup and maintain desktop and laptop computers for users.
- Manage and train the IT team.
- Travelling to different SAT-7 offices in MENA when required
Qualifications and Requirements
- Be sympathetic with and enthusiastic about the purpose and goals of SAT-7
- 5-7 years of experience in a similar position
- Relevant university degree (preferred) or college diploma in Computer Science or related field is required
- Certification in relevant courses (e.g., MCSE, CCNA) will be considered an advantage.
- Team and project management skills
- Good working knowledge of Local Area Networks, TCP/IP, DNS, and other Network Protocols
- Expert knowledge of operating systems (Windows, Mac OS X, Linux)
- Knowledge of Networking, and firewalls
- Administration of Windows Servers including Active Directory, Virtual Servers
- Competence in different hardware and software, installing, and configuring,
- Experience in designing and implementing Internet and networking security
- Trouble Shooting Experience
- Knowledge of English is a must. Arabic, would be an advantage
- Previous experience of working in the Middle East or North Africa a strong advantage
- Be very organised with good attention to detail, able to juggle different tasks, meet deadlines, prioritise and delegate when appropriate
- Be flexible, demonstrating a “can do” attitude when taking on new challenges, leading by example
- Good interpersonal skills; able to communicate effectively via phone, email and in person with people from a wide variety of backgrounds
- Self-motivated, confident, proactive, and highly organized with ability to multi-task to meet deadlines
To apply for this position, please send your CV and cover letter explaining your motivation to serve with SAT-7 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position for which you are applying in the subject line of your email.