The purpose of SAT-7 is to provide Christian television to support the work and witness of the church in the Middle East and North Africa.
This position provides executive-level assistance to the Director on all key ministry-related matters, providing support on key communication and projects, and, when required, liaising on behalf of the Director, maintaining strong, effective communications with internal and external members and various organisations.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Perform complex and diverse duties that involve high-level internal and external contacts with exposure to sensitive information, necessitating considerable use of tact, diplomacy, discretion and judgment.
- Serve multiple internal customers whilst under work pressure and time constraints through effective mutli-tasking and efficient time management.
- Compose on behalf of the Director; letters, reports, and memos using appropriate content and format.
- Work closely with the Director to keep them well informed of upcoming commitment and responsibilities and following up appropriately.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the Director and other internal departments.
- Preparing internal / external presentations for the Director
- Perform research and manage assignments as, and when, required.
- Minute taking in key meetings.
- Travels with the Director when required in order to assist with executive issues including taking minutes when necessary.
- Communicates on behalf of the Director, with churches, board members, donors, mission associations, and other SAT-7 stakeholders.
- Prioritizes, and follows up on ministry matters addressed to the Director, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the Director’s office and internal departments.
- Collaboratively support other team members whenever necessary.
- Takes on additional responsibilities and projects as assigned by the Director.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Be committed to and enthusiastic about the purpose and goals of SAT-7.
- Relevant degree in administration or management or equivalent knowledge acquired through work experience.
- Minimum 5 years of previous experience as Executive Assistant or similar is required.
- Fluent in English.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat, and Social Media platforms.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organisational skills with ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities and excellent attention to detail.
- Team-player, with the ability to also work independently on projects and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, churches, board members, external partners and donors.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
- Have, or be ready to develop, sensitivity to the multi-religious communities of the Middle East, and to the political/cultural situation in the region.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and cover letter explaining your motivation to serve with SAT-7 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position for which you are applying in the subject line of your email.