Digital Content Officer
SAT-7 is looking for an enthusiastic Digital Content Officer to join their Communications team. The successful candidate will support the delivery and maintenance of strong digital assets in the international office of SAT-7. Ideally, someone who can think both creatively and analytically, has a passion for social media and storytelling and is looking for somewhere to start their digital storytelling career. We are looking for someone who can work well on their own and as part of a bigger team, and has the discipline to be detail oriented and process orientated.
SAT-7 is a Christian nonprofit television with purpose to support the work and witness of the church in the Middle East and North Africa.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Primary responsibility will be to coordinate, maintain digital assets and to maintain, update and respond across all International Office social media platforms.
- Responsible for researching, sharing and tagging stock photographs and footage from Shutterstock and other sites.
- Responsible for collating, editing and sending out monthly electronic mailouts: News, Prayer, Prayer Calendar and Partner News.
- Responsible for uploading developed/approved content to social media and on our website.
- Responsible for maintenance of our Facebook/twitter and other social media under supervision/instruction of Digital Content Supervisor.
- Responsible for data and other input to the Live Portal Item Library to support the Development team in fundraising.
- Maintain and update Flicker photo account, video clips and footage requests.
- Supporting requests for images or footage from the Support Offices.
- Identifying and sharing channel social media resources.
- Daily archive and further editing of digital resources as appropriate.
- Responsible for maintenance of digital archive systems.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Degree in communications, digital marketing would be considered an advantage.
- Good copywriting skills in English with strong attention to detail.
- A passion for social media.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and cover letter explaining your motivation to serve with SAT-7 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position for which you are applying in the subject line of your email.