The purpose of SAT-7 is to provide Christian television and digital media services to support the work and witness of the church in the Middle East and North Africa.
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Development Officer to join our Development Department. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing strategic media project proposals, overview and coordinate the implementation of projects and relevant donor reporting.
Furthermore, he/she will be managing the portfolio of strategic SAT-7 projects that are supported by restricted funds. This includes the coordination with our Support offices, Channel managers and Producers for the correct implementation of projects.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Development of fundraising proposals for SAT-7 projects in cooperation with all relevant SAT-7 stakeholders
- Conduct frequent MENA context analysis with special focus on the situation for Christians, FoRB, women, children, disabilities, education etc.
- Monitoring and management the correct implementation of the projects (scope, budget, schedule, quality etc.) as defined by the Projects Managements Methodology (PMI)
- Manage and ensure the necessary reporting of SAT-7 projects carried out with restricted funds
- Management and development of the portfolio of SAT-7 social-impact projects in line with Communications for Development approach
- Oversee research related to measurement of the success of different projects
- Work closely with the International Office Communications Department for the portfolio projects
- Travelling to different SAT-7 offices in MENA when required
Qualifications and Requirements
- Be sympathetic with and enthusiastic about the purpose and goals of SAT‑7
- Minimum two years’ experience in a similar position
- Relevant university degree is required e.g. Social Sciences, Political Sciences, International Relations, International Development Studies, Conflict and Peace Studies
- Knowledge of Middle East political, socio-economics and religious issues is essential.
- Experience in project management, Communications for Development or/and Christian ministry, and the coordination of projects supported by restricted funds would be an advantage
- Be a proficient communication writer able to express SAT-7’s Christian identity to corporate and statutory funders
- Outstanding English writing/speaking skills.
- Knowledge of Arabic, Turk or Farsi would be an advantage
- Previous experience of working in the Middle East or North Africa a strong advantage
- Be very organised with good attention to detail, able to juggle different tasks, meet deadlines, prioritise and delegate when appropriate
- Experience from working with staff from different cultures
- Be flexible, demonstrating a “can do” attitude when taking on new challenges, leading by example
- Good interpersonal skills; able to communicate effectively via phone, email and in person with people from a wide variety of backgrounds
- Self-motivated, confident, proactive, and highly organized with ability to multi-task to meet deadlines
To apply for this position, please send your CV and cover letter explaining your motivation to serve with SAT-7 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position for which you are applying in the subject line of your email.