You love news and you want the world to know. The Press officer is a member of the Communications Department and needs to be proactive and excellent in finding, writing and editing stories for the press Worldwide and various media platforms. The person will also have responsibility for writing about one of our TV-channels, but needs to be available to help in writing/editing any content for the Communications Department.
Appointed by and accountable to the Communications Director
- Proactively promote SAT-7’s brand to International media (print, broadcast and online)
- Research and write creative and relevant news stories about SAT-7 and the Middle East to the press worldwide.
- Be in touch with the press on daily basis, build a database and answer requests from journalists.
- Have a special focus on covering one of our five TV-channels. Be responsible for the flow of information, ensuring we receive video clips, news, and photos from the channel’s team.
- Creatively communicate these stories to supporters via many different platforms including; magazines, websites, social media, e-newsletters, brochures, and campaign literature.
- Edit and proofread the work of other team members.
Personal and professional qualifications
- Be sympathetic with and enthusiastic about the purpose, ethos and goals of SAT-7.
- Be a committed Christian with a truly interdenominational attitude and openness to increasing his/her knowledge and appreciation of Middle Eastern Christianity, in all its diversity.
- A university education in journalism or communications.
- At least two years’ professional experience in working with the press and as a writer and editor.
- Fluency in oral English and excellence in written English and grammar.
- Ability to research, fact-check, write/edit, and communicate stories in a variety of styles that is impactful for other journalists and across multiple platforms.
- Ability to write for print and online media, as well as script writing for short videos.
- Creative flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability, and originality.
- A strong commitment to responding quickly to and following up requests from journalists Worldwide.
- A relational approach to SAT-7’s channels and other departments.
- Excellent multi-tasking skills and the ability to work under pressure and to multiple deadlines.
- Professionalism regarding time, costs, and deadlines.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and cover letter explaining your motivation to serve with SAT-7 to email@example.com. Please include the position for which you are applying in the subject line of your email.