The Writer/Editor is a member of the Communications Department and needs to be excellent in finding, writing and editing stories for various media platforms. The person will have primary responsibility for writing about one of our channels, but needs to be available to help in editing any content for the Communications Department.
Appointed by and accountable to the Communications Director
- Write creative news stories, informative articles, and campaign material for SAT-7’s supporters.
- Adopt an investigative approach to identifying and researching stories from our channels and from the Middle East and North Africa in general.
- Creatively communicate these stories to supporters via many different platforms including; magazines, press releases, websites, social media, e-newsletters, brochures, and campaign literature.
- Hold responsibility for the flow of information from one of our channels, ensuring we receive video clips, news, and photos from the channel’s team.
- Edit and proofread the work of other team members.
- Prepare material for the graphic designer and printer.
Personal and professional qualifications
- Be sympathetic with and enthusiastic about the purpose, ethos and goals of SAT-7.
- Be a committed Christian with a truly interdenominational attitude and openness to increasing his/her knowledge and appreciation of Middle Eastern Christianity, in all its diversity. OR Have a truly interdenominational attitude and openness to increasing his/her knowledge and appreciation of Middle Eastern Christianity, in all its diversity.
- A university education in journalism, communications or related area.
- At least two years’ professional experience as a writer and editor.
- Fluency in oral English and excellence in written English and grammar.
- Ability to research, write/edit, and communicate stories in a variety of styles that is impactful across multiple platforms.
- Ability to write for print and online media, as well as script writing for short videos.
- Outstanding verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Creative flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability, and originality.
- A strong commitment to responding to and following up communications requests.
- A relational approach to SAT-7’s channels and other departments.
- Excellent multi-tasking skills and the ability to work under pressure and to multiple deadlines.
- Professionalism regarding time, costs, and deadlines.
- Experience with the press is preferred.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and cover letter explaining your motivation to serve with SAT-7 to email@example.com. Please include the position for which you are applying in the subject line of your email.