Volunteer IT Support Officer
The purpose of SAT-7 is to provide Christian television to support the work and witness of the church in the Middle East and North Africa.
The selected IT Support Officer will join the IT team and will focus on supporting the maintenance of the computer networks and database at SAT-7 offices and provide technical assistance for computer-related problems.
Is appointed by and accountable to the IT Manager.
Has no staff supervision responsibilities.
- Telephonic, email and deskside helpdesk support for all SAT-7 offices. This involves troubleshooting problems, assisting users to operate their computers, printers etc. help in software installations
- Set up computer workstations
- Provide assistance in purchasing and fetching equipment
- Analysing network and system usage and assist in proposing solutions to any problem areas
- Assist in documenting current processes
- Create “self-help” documents to assist users to fix problems with minimal help
- Interact with vendors to place and follow up with purchases and work orders where possible
Personal and professional qualifications
- Be sympathetic with and enthusiastic about the purpose, ethos and goals of SAT-7
- Be a committed Christian with a truly interdenominational attitude and openness to increasing his/her knowledge and appreciation of Middle Eastern Christianity, in all its diversity
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science will be preferable
- Fully computer literate in Windows is essential and Apple Operating Systems is preferred
- Willing to do manual tasks, such as cabling, moving equipment around, and setting up workstations
- Be fluent in English. Ability to write in business level English
- For experienced or qualified individuals, more challenging tasks will be assigned
- Good interpersonal and communication skills. Confidence and maturity to handle confidential matters when dealing with all departments is essential
- Have the ability to cope with the diversity and complexity of a multicultural environment
To apply for this position, click APPLY and attach your CV and covering letter.
For further details, email email@example.com or call +357 22761050.