SOCIAL MEDIA COORDINATOR
The Social Media Coordinator is a member of the Communications Department and is responsible for coordinating and executing the department’s online strategy. We are looking for a driven Social Media Coordinator who can attract and interact with supporters across multiple social media platforms. This role also includes responsibility for maintaining SAT-7’s website.
The successful candidate will be an experienced, highly motivated individual with an enthusiasm for implementing SAT-7’s social media strategy. He/she will be passionate about creating relevant content, encouraging community participation, and taking SAT-7’s social media presence to the next level.
Appointed by and accountable to the Communications Director.
- Build and execute a social media strategy based on competitive research and audience identification.
- Generate, edit, publish, and share daily content (text, images, and video clips) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action.
- Optimise SAT-7’s pages within each platform (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn etc.) to increase the visibility of the content.
- Update SAT-7’s newsfeed and create content for our new website.
- Continuously drive improvement by capturing and analysing appropriate social data/metrics, insights, and best practices, and then acting on the information.
- Collaborate with other departments and SAT-7’s channels to manage the organisation’s reputation, identify key players, and coordinate actions.
- Act as a consultant, helping SAT-7’s other offices to improve their social media presence.
Personal and professional qualifications
- Be sympathetic with and enthusiastic about the purpose, ethos and goals of SAT-7.
- Be a committed Christian with a truly interdenominational attitude and openness to increasing his/her knowledge and appreciation of Middle Eastern Christianity, in all its diversity. OR Have a truly interdenominational attitude and openness to increasing his/her knowledge and appreciation of Middle Eastern Christianity, in all its diversity.
- An educational background in new media, public relations, communications, or journalism.
- At least two years’ professional experience of working with social media.
- Creative flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability, and originality.
- Demonstrable social networking experience and knowledge of social analytics tools.
- The ability to identify new stories and promote them to readers worldwide.
- Fluency in spoken English, outstanding written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to present ideas.
- Excellent multi-tasking skills and the ability to work under pressure and to multiple deadlines.
- Professionalism regarding time, costs, and deadlines.
- Knowledge of WordPress and the ability to maintain web design, web development, CRO, and SEO.
- Photography, videography, and editing skills to create material for such media platforms.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and cover letter explaining your motivation to serve with SAT-7 to email@example.com. Please include the position for which you are applying in the subject line of your email.