The Projects Officer is responsible for supporting the Projects Management Team with managing the portfolio of strategic SAT-7 social-impact and Christian projects that are supported by restricted funds. The Projects Officer will be working for the development of strategic media project proposals, the oversight and coordination of projects, as well as relevant donor reporting.
The Projects Officer is appointed by and accountable to the Projects Coordinator. The position is part of the Finance Department.
- Manage and develop the portfolio of SAT-7 social-impact and other media projects
- Develop strategic proposals for social-impact and other programs in cooperation with all relevant SAT-7 stakeholders, to be submitted for funding
- Monitor and manage the correct implementation of the media projects
- Manage and ensure the necessary reporting and auditing of projects carried out with restricted funds
- Oversee research related to measurement of the success of different media projects
- Ensure the correct functioning, monitoring and update of the Projects Management System to respect the complete process of the Projects Management Lifecycle
Personal and professional qualifications
- Be sympathetic and enthusiastic about the purpose and goals of SAT-7
- A relevant university degree is required (e.g. Social Sciences, Political Sciences, International Relations, International Development Studies, Conflict and Peace Studies)
- Good interpersonal and cross-cultural skills
- Professionalism, energy and integrity
- Experience in management, media for development, project monitoring (including oversight of evaluation research) and the coordination of projects supported by restricted funds
- Good knowledge of general management of media and social impact projects conducted with restricted funds
- Good understanding of Donor needs with regards to proposals and reporting requirements
- Excellent organizing skills and ability to multi-task under tight deadline
- Ability to work well with staff from different cultures
- Knowledge and understanding of advocacy work and theories of change through media projects, and their development in coordination with on the ground NGO’s where relevant
- Knowledge and understanding of the thematic areas of disability, women and children’s issues, as well as formal and informal education are an advantage, especially where such experience has been in the Middle East or North Africa
- Knowledge of and work experience in the Middle East an advantage, especially if this experience has been in media or the management of social impact projects. Knowledge of regional NGO’s and social project networks also an advantage
- Television and social Media skills
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Excellent command of English, written and oral
- Relevant computer skills required for completing the listed tasks
To apply for this position, click APPLY and attach your CV and covering letter.
For further details, email email@example.com or call +357 22761050.