The Projects Officer is a member of the Finance and Projects Management Team. Main responsibilities include development of strategic media project proposals, and oversight and coordination of projects and relevant donor reporting. Also, he/she is responsible for supporting the Projects Management Team with managing the portfolio of strategic SAT-7 projects that are supported by restricted funds.
The Projects Officer is appointed by and accountable to the Projects Coordinator.
- Manage and develop the portfolio of SAT-7 social-impact and other media projects.
- Develop strategic proposals for social-impact and other programs in cooperation with all relevant SAT-7 stakeholders, to be submitted for funding.
- Monitor and manage the correct implementation of the media projects.
- Manage and ensure the necessary reporting and auditing of projects carried out with restricted funds.
- Oversee research related to measurement of the success of different media projects.
- Ensure the correct functioning, monitoring and update of the Projects Management System to respect the complete process of the Projects Management Lifecycle.
Personal and professional qualifications
- Be sympathetic and enthusiastic about the purpose and goals of SAT-7.
- A relevant university degree is required (e.g. Social Sciences, Political Sciences, International Relations, International Development Studies, Conflict and Peace Studies)
- Good interpersonal and cross-cultural skills.
- Experience in project management, media for development or/and Christian ministry, and the coordination of projects supported by restricted funds.
- Good knowledge of general management of media and social impact projects conducted with restricted funds.
- Good understanding of Donor needs with regards to proposals and reporting requirements.
- Knowledge and understanding of advocacy work and theories of change through media projects, and their development in coordination with on the ground NGO’s where relevant.
- Knowledge and understanding of the thematic areas of disability, women and children’s issues, as well as formal and informal education are an advantage, especially where such experience has been in the Middle East or North Africa.
- Knowledge of and work experience in the Middle East an advantage, especially if this experience has been in media or the management of social impact projects. Knowledge of regional NGO’s and social project networks also an advantage.
- Television and Social Media skills.
- Excellent organizing skills and ability to multi-task under tight deadlines
- Ability to work well with staff from different cultures
- Professionalism, energy and integrity.
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Excellent command of English, written and oral.
- Relevant computer skills required for completing the listed tasks.
SALARY OFFERED/ OTHER BENEFITS
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- Personal Investment Plan
- Medical Insurance fully covered by the organization
- 20 days’ annual leave
- Training and Development Opportunities
- 8 hours
- Flexible working hours (core hours during which one must be in office 09:30-16:00)
To apply for this position, click APPLY and attach your CV and covering letter.
For further details, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +357 22761050.