Projects Development Officer (Swedish-speaking)
Sweden or Cyprus
The Projects Development Officer is responsible for developing donors and financial support for SAT-7’s social, educational, and developmental work in the Middle East and North Africa. This will be done through an associated organisation, SAT-7 Utbildning & Utveckling – en Sverigebaserad insamlingsstiftelse, which is a Swedish based foundation established to raise financial support for the work of SAT-7 Education & Development.
SAT-7 Education & Development is a division of SAT-7, which seeks to assist the education and development of all people of the Middle East and North Africa, including especially the poor, vulnerable, illiterate, women and children, internally displaced, refugees, and the marginalized, irrespective of religion, gender, race, ethnicity, or nationality.
The Projects Development Officer reports to the SAT-7 Education & Development Projects Manager and will work closely with the Project Management Team located at the head office in Cyprus.
- Develop and lead the fundraising strategy and operations of the foundation’s work,
- Research, develop, and manage grant request proposals for foundations, governmental bodies, multilateral agencies, corporations and other donors and organizations
- Actively and personally cultivate relationships with potential donors, partners and other relevant actors
- Represent and present the work of SAT-7 Education & Development
Personal and professional qualifications
- Experience of working in an international context/NGO.
- Academic degree in international relations, global development, human rights, economics, administration, communications or other relevant studies.
- Experience in project management and non-profit fundraising, with a good understanding of meeting donor needs and expectations with regard to proposals and reporting requirements.
- Understanding of the multi-religious, political and cultural situation in the Middle East and North Africa.
- Very good social and relational skills, with the ability to communicate and negotiate both written and orally, in Swedish and English.
- Ability to work independently, effectively and efficiently, and be able to handle multiple projects and stakeholders at the same time, sometimes with limited time and/or resources.
We also require that you are sympathetic with, and enthusiastic about, the overall purpose, ethos and goals of SAT-7 International and able to enthusiastically embrace the vision and mission of SAT-7 Education & Development.
- Strategic network.
- Experience of working with databases or CRM programs.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Full time/part-time/flexible.
- Employment or freelance agreement.
- Based in Sweden or Cyprus.
- Includes occasional trips to the Middle East.
- Starting date: September-October 2017, or as agreed.
www.sat7education.org (The website is under development)
Sweden or Cyprus
To apply for this position, please send your CV and cover letter explaining your motivation to serve with SAT-7 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position for which you are applying in the subject line of your email.