The Project Accountant is a member of the Finance Team and Projects Management Team. Main responsibilities include bookkeeping, analysis of financial reports, and assisting in the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual accounts. Also, he/she is responsible for managing the portfolio of projects that are supported by restricted funds.
Appointed by and accountable to the Projects Coordinator and the Financial Controller.
- Key responsibilities are divided between the Project Management Team and other financial tasks, respectively occupying 50 percent and 50 percent of the Project Accountant’s time.
- The Projects Accountant is administratively accountable to the Financial Controller and functionally accountable to the Projects Manager.
- Responsible for bookkeeping of SAT-7 entities.
- Review and update financial forms and records when necessary.
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly, quarterly and yearly accounts.
- Analyse monthly financial reports with budget controls to managers.
- Undertake in-depth analysis and provide in-depth explanations of variances of SAT-7 projects when necessary.
- Provide input to and assist the annual budget processes.
- Assist when required in preparing consolidated financial accounts and consolidated budgets.
- Ensure compliance of SAT-7´s “Business Policies & Practices”.
- Undertake other responsibilities at the request of the Financial Controller or the CFO as well as assist where possible on the day to day finance related activities.
PROJECTS MANAGEMENT TEAM
- Manage and develop the portfolio of SAT-7 projects.
- Monitor and manage the correct implementation of the media projects.
- Manage and ensure the necessary reporting and auditing of projects carried out with restricted funds.
- Responsible for the provision of high-quality financial reporting services for donor funded projects.
- Supports project staff on all financial reporting requirements to different donors.
Personal and professional qualifications
- Be sympathetic with and enthusiastic about the purpose and goals of SAT‑7.
- University degree in Business Administration, Economics and/or Accounting and Finance or any other related field.
- Practical knowledge and experience in Accounting.
- Good knowledge of Finance systems.
- Excellent command of English, written and oral. Turkish will be considered an advantage.
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel, Ppt).
- Good interpersonal and cross-cultural skills.
- Professionalism, energy and integrity.
- Excellent organizing skills and ability to multitask under tight deadlines.
- Ability to work well with staff from different cultures.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels with sensitivity and confidentiality.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and cover letter explaining your motivation to serve with SAT-7 to email@example.com. Please include the position for which you are applying in the subject line of your email.