The Project Accountant is a member of the Finance and Projects Management Team. Main Responsibilities include bookkeeping, analysis of financial reports, and assisting in the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual accounts. Also, he/she is responsible for managing the portfolio of projects that are supported by restricted funds.
The Project Accountant is appointed by and accountable to the Projects Coordinator and the Financial Controller.
- Key responsibilities are divided between the Project Management Team and other financial tasks, respectively occupying 50% and 50% of the Project Accountant’s time.
- The Projects Accountant is administratively accountable to the Financial Controller and functionally accountable to the Projects Manager.
- Responsible for bookkeeping of SAT-7 entities
- Review and update financial forms and records when necessary
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly, quarterly and yearly accounts
- Analyse monthly financial reports with budget controls to managers
- Undertake in-depth analysis and provide in-depth explanations of variances of SAT-7 projects when necessary
- Provide input to and assist the annual budget processes
- Assist when required in preparing consolidated financial accounts and consolidated budgets
- Ensure compliance of SAT-7´s “Business Policies & Practices”
- Undertake other responsibilities at the request of the Financial Controller or the CFO as well as assist where possible on the day to day finance related activities.
Projects Management Team
- Manage and develop the portfolio of SAT-7 projects
- Monitor and manage the correct implementation of the media projects
- Manage and ensure the necessary reporting and auditing of projects carried out with restricted funds
- Responsible for the provision of high quality financial reporting services for donor funded projects
- Supports project staff on all financial reporting requirements to different donors
Personal and professional qualifications
- Be sympathetic with and enthusiastic about the purpose and goals of SAT‑7
- University degree in Business Administration, Economics and/or Accounting and Finance or any other related field
- Practical knowledge and experience in Accounting
- Good knowledge of Finance systems
- Excellent command of English, written and oral. Turkish will be considered an advantage
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel, Ppt)
- Good interpersonal and cross-cultural skills
- Professionalism, energy and integrity
- Excellent organizing skills and ability to multi-task under tight deadlines
- Ability to work well with staff from different cultures
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels with sensitivity and confidentiality
SALARY OFFERED/ OTHER BENEFITS
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- Personal Investment Plan
- Medical Insurance fully covered by the organization
- 20 days’ annual leave
- Training and Development Opportunities
- 8 hours
- Flexible working hours (core hours during which one must be in office 09:30-16:00)
To apply for this position, click APPLY and attach your CV and covering letter.
For further details, email email@example.com or call +357 22761050.