The purpose of SAT-7 is to provide Christian television to support the work and witness of the church in the Middle East and North Africa.
The Projects Accountant is responsible for managing the portfolio of strategic SAT-7 social-impact and Christian projects that are supported by restricted funds.
The Projects Accountant is appointed by and accountable to the Projects Coordinator and the Financial Controller.
The position is part of Finance Department.
- Manage and develop the portfolio of SAT-7 social-impact and Christian projects
- Develop strategic proposals for social-impact and other programs in cooperation with SAT-7 Channel Directors, to be submitted for funding
- Monitor and manage the correct implementation of the media projects
- Manage and ensure the necessary reporting and auditing of projects carried out with restricted funds
- Responsible for the provision of high quality financial reporting services for donor funded projects
- Responsible for the implementation of simplified systems for converting financial data into formats required by the various donors
- Supports project staff on all financial reporting requirements to different donors
- Ensure the correct functioning, monitoring and update of the Projects Management System to respect the complete process of the Projects Management Lifecycle
- Provide input to and assist the annual budget processes
- Undertake other responsibilities at the request of the Financial Controller or the Chief Financial Officer as well as assist where possible on the day to day finance related activities
Personal and professional qualifications
- Be sympathetic with and enthusiastic about the purpose and goals of SAT‑7
- Be a committed Christian with a truly interdenominational attitude and openness to increasing his/her knowledge and appreciation of Middle Eastern Christianity, in all its diversity
- University degree in Business Administration, Economics and/or Accounting and Finance or any other related field
- Professional qualification ACA or ACCA or CPA or CFA will be considered an advantage
- Practical knowledge and experience in Accounting and Finance
- Very good knowledge of Finance systems
- Excellent command of English, written and oral
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel, PPT)
- Good interpersonal and cross-cultural skills
- Professionalism, energy and integrity
- Strong client orientation abilities
- Excellent organizing skills and ability to multi-task under tight deadlines
- Ability to work well with staff from different cultures
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels with sensitivity and confidentiality
To apply for this position, click APPLY and attach your CV and covering letter.
For further details, email email@example.com or call +357 22761050.