LEBANON EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
The purpose of SAT‑7 is to provide Christian satellite and online television services to support the work and witness of the church in the Middle East and North Africa.
We are looking for an Executive Director for our office in Lebanon to have the overall responsibility of the office, studio and staff. Also, he/she will be responsible to maintain the alignment of the Bureau with the overall strategy of SAT-7 International and to foster the vision and mission of the organization among the staff.
The Executive Director will report to the Executive Director of Arabic Channels and he/she will be a part of the International Management Team.
- The Executive Director serves as the senior executive for SAT-7 in Lebanon, directing all day-to-day facets of the ministry. Being responsible for all staff, facilities, and activities of SAT-7 Lebanon. Such as issues of personnel, policies, remuneration, organizational structures and job descriptions, security, succession planning.
- Reports to the Arabic Channels Executive Director in matters related to strategic direction, program production, all financial matters, narrative reports, etc.
- Ensure the timely and cost-effective production of quality programming within the annual budgets and monthly cash flows authorised by the CEO
- Prepare long-term strategic plans and an annual operational plan for approval by the Arabic Channels Executive Director and the SAT-7 International Board
- Review and approve all individual program production budgets before they are submitted to the Arabic Channels Executive Director for final approval
- Ensure that all programs produced in Lebanon conform to the standards and ethos established by SAT-7
- The Executive Director is the main contact for SAT-7 Lebanon office, representing its programs and policies to church leaders, partners, supporters, the media, government departments etc.
- Maintain the alignment of the SAT-7 Lebanon with the overall strategy of SAT-7
- Is a member of SAT-7’s International Management Team (IMT)
- Supervise all managers of SAT-7 Lebanon office; delegate effectively and build up the managers team
- Being involved in all the legal aspects
- Supervise the AR Department in Lebanon for the Arabic Channels
- Being an active member of SAT-7 Lebanon Board, keeping its members informed and engaged.
- Manage the Business of SAT-7 in Lebanon, studio/ equipment rentals, meeting with clients and implementing rental policies.
Personal and professional qualifications
- Be sympathetic with and enthusiastic about the purpose and goals of SAT-7
- Be a committed Christian with a truly interdenominational attitude and openness to increasing his/her knowledge and appreciation of Middle Eastern Christianity, in all its diversity. Theological training is an advantage.
- Previous experience in a similar position for at least 5 years is a must
- Previous experience of working in the Middle East or North Africa is a plus
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing to facilitate working in a multi-cultural, multidenominational environment
- Fluent in English and Arabic;
- Be a leader and yet a flexible team person who can listen and understand another person’s viewpoint, and relate well to people of all churches, ages and professions
- Degree in Media or Management
- Should be comfortable to represent SAT-7 to partners, associates, church, events etc
- Outstanding organisational and leadership abilities
- Excellent decision making and problem-solving skills
- Should have administrative, financial and television production skills
- Ability to develop and manage teams effectively and work effectively within a senior management team
- Able to think strategically and articulate such strategies both verbally and in writing
To apply for this position, please send your CV and cover letter explaining your motivation to serve with SAT-7 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position for which you are applying in the subject line of your email.