Internal Communications Officer
The Internal Communications Officer is a member of the Communications Department and is responsible for facilitating internal communications to staff, in all offices, and to the official Partners of SAT-7. The Internal Communications Officer is responsible for communicating effectively and creatively with more than 200 staff members within SAT-7 and with the organisation’s many Partners around the world. This team member ensures that the right news is shared, at the right time and with the right people.
Appointed by and accountable to the Communications Director.
- Be responsible for some key projects within the Communications Department and have a main focus on SAT-7’s new intranet, ONE SAT-7. This project needs an owner who will take responsibility for making it a success, creating a clear strategy and structures and training staff to use the intranet. The Internal Communications Officer will maintain the site, encourage users to upload content, write and upload material and stories.
- Build our program library, in which all written articles and documents will be stored. This will be a key tool for the International Office as well as SAT-7 supporter offices.
- Produce an e-newsletter for Partners, mainly in Europe. This new e-newsletter will soon be launched and will be an important channel for supporting Partners and keeping them informed about new initiatives and materials they can use.
- Write monthly viewer reports and articles, based on data from our Audience Relations Department, and share them with supporter offices and Partners.
- Manage and catalogue the many testimonies SAT-7 receives daily from our viewers. These will be security checked and uploaded to the intranet.
- Respond to Partners, supporter offices, and others who request information, ensuring replies are sent within 24 hours.
- Work with our HR department to produce creative recruitment campaigns.
- Oversee SAT-7’s supporter database, together with colleagues in the Communications Department.
- Branding our leadership team in writing and videos.
Personal and professional qualifications
- Be sympathetic with and enthusiastic about the purpose, ethos and goals of SAT-7.
- Be a committed Christian with a truly interdenominational attitude and openness to increasing his/her knowledge and appreciation of Middle Eastern Christianity, in all its diversity.
- An educational background in journalism or communications, with a special focus on internal communications.
- At least two years’ professional experience in internal communications.
- Fluency in spoken English and excellence in written English.
- A positive, relational approach to interacting with all SAT-7’s departments and channels. He/she must be enthusiastic and able to encourage others to take action.
- A drive to organise his/her work so that it is structured and consistent.
- Creative flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability, and originality.
- A strong commitment to responding to and following up on communications requests.
- Excellent multi-tasking skills and the ability to work under pressure to multiple deadlines.
- Professionalism regarding time, costs, and deadlines.
- Have passion for finding and communicating news, carrying out thorough research, and editing news stories for SAT-7’s intranet and other platforms
To apply for this position, please send your CV and cover letter explaining your motivation to serve with SAT-7 to email@example.com. Please include the position for which you are applying in the subject line of your email.