Director Human Resources
The purpose of SAT-7 is to provide Christian television to support the work and witness of the church in the Middle East.
The Human Resources Director guides and manages the overall provision of Human Resources services, policies, and programs throughout all SAT-7 offices.
The Human Resources Director originates and leads Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide a staff-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce to ensure that all departments have the skills they need to carry out the mission of SAT-7.
The Human Resources Director coordinates implementation of services, policies, and programs through Human Resources staff; reports to the CEO and serves on the executive management team; and assists and advises SAT-7 managers about Human Resources issues.
Is appointed by and accountable to the CEO
Will have supervision of HR staff at the IO and HR Staff in the SAT-7 HR Offices located in Egypt, Lebanon, Turkey and the UK.
- Ensure that SAT-7 IO and other offices conform to the relevant legislation for the employment of staff members
- Development of a supervisor workforce
- Development of the Human Resources Department
- Development of an employee-oriented company culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, and high performance
- Support all departmental managers in managing the people in their departments including recruitment, working practices, disciplinary issues, performance and policy.
- Work with all departmental managers to produce an HR plan for IO.
- Safety of the workforce
- Development of corporate services function
- Active involvement with other SAT-7 offices regarding recruitment or terminating for all management staff.
- Review and update in a rolling programme, the IO Staff Policy Manual and Staff Handbook, reflecting changes in working practices and legislation. Ensure that the Staff Policy Manual is applied consistently and communicated effectively to staff.
- Prepare an annual HR plan which reflects plans for growth and strategic developments, including revisions of the organisational chart.
- Drive and facilitate an effective performance management approach throughout SAT-7 with focus on improving individual performance; drive and monitor SAT-7’s appraisal and review process.
- Identify training needs in conjunction with the Directors and develop personal training and development plans for all staff members, as part of the annual review process.
- Facilitate the development of a regional workforce plan and to continually review and challenge the plan with the Directors, focusing on such areas as recruitment, succession planning and talent management.
- Work with departmental managers and give advice on HR issues such as discipline and performance. Provide accurate employment law advice and risk assessed options for managers to decide on an appropriate course of action.
- Proactively coach and mentor managers in minimum compliance and best practice to empower them to make independent decisions in respect to their team for which they accept accountability.
- Contribute to the departments you work with and take collective responsibility for upholding and promoting the SAT-7 values, and the health and safety of the SAT-7 working environment.
- Have a clear and evident regard to equality and diversity in all work and coach others throughout SAT-7
- Maintain, manage and develop relationships with sending organisations.
- Establish a corporate services function to support the CEO, International Board and other committees. Provide administrative support to the International Board, IMT etc, and bring together the different support services into a single team.
- Undertake other accountabilities and tasks as required by and mutually agreed with the CEO.
Personal and professional qualifications
- Be sympathetic with and enthusiastic about the purpose and goals of SAT-7
- Be a committed Christian with a truly interdenominational attitude and openness to increasing his/her knowledge and appreciation of Middle Eastern Christianity, in all its diversity.
- Have or be ready to develop sensitivity to the multi-religious communities of the Middle East, and to the political/cultural situation in the region.
- Should be a Chartered member of CIPD (or equivalent experience) and have extensive middle managements experience in a generalist Human Resources role – ideally in public or third sector.
- Experience in coaching line managers, organisational change, employee relations, and providing employment law advice is essential.
- Ability to build successful working relationships.
- Have at least five years experience in a management position in a corporate services or HR environment.
- Be fluent in English; Arabic or Farsi an advantage.
- Be a good judge of people, able to recruit, clearly and sensitively coordinate and train staff.
- Willingness to travel and work flexibly
To apply for this position, click APPLY and attach your CV and covering letter.
For further details, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +357 22761050.