COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER (TURKISH-SPEAKING)
The Communications Officer is a member of the Communications Department. This position requires a special focus and collaboration with our Turkish channel. The successful candidate will find, write, and edit stories from SAT-7 TÜRK for various print and media platforms.
Appointed by and accountable to the Communications Director.
- Adopt an investigative approach to researching stories and interviewing producers, presenters, other team members, and viewers.
- Communicate news to supporters in English, in a creative and timely manner.
- Be responsible for providing material for multiple media, including websites, e-newsletters, SAT-7’s magazine, the annual report and sales prospectus, and social media. The Communications Officer will also take photos, subtitle and write scripts for video clips, and potentially produce the videos themselves.
- Make a creative contribution to launching fundraising campaigns and preparing campaign strategies.
- Together with other team members, oversee the SAT-7 supporter database and upload photos to the photo database.
- Respond to partners, supporter offices, and others who request pictures, videos, and other material.
Personal and professional qualifications
- Be sympathetic with and enthusiastic about the purpose, ethos and goals of SAT-7
- Be a committed Christian with a truly interdenominational attitude and openness to increasing his/her knowledge and appreciation of Middle Eastern Christianity, in all its diversity.
- A university degree in journalism or communications.
- At least two years’ professional experience in journalism/communications or similar.
- The ability to read and understand and translate from Turkish to English is a must.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to ask questions and listen to answers before transforming them into well-written articles or video clips.
- Proficiency in identifying, researching, and writing news stories for multiple platforms, and in editing videos.
- Outstanding verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Creative flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability, and originality.
- A strong commitment to responding and following up communications requests.
- Excellent multi-tasking skills and the ability to work under pressure and to multiple deadlines.
- Professionalism regarding time, costs, and deadlines.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and cover letter explaining your motivation to serve with SAT-7 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position for which you are applying in the subject line of your email.