Chief Operating Officer (COO)
SAT-7 is at an interesting time in its history, as we prepare in the coming years to transfer leadership of the organisation to a new Chief Executive Officer (CEO). For this reason, we are looking for an experienced Chief Operating Officer (COO) who will work closely with the CEO-elect at this crucial time, helping SAT-7 through this transitional period and running key aspects of the ministry into the future. The goal of the COO position is to secure the functionality of SAT-7 to drive extensive and sustainable growth.
Appointed by and responsible to the Chief Executive Officer.
In partnership with the CEO and the Middle East Management Team, this position will have the responsibility to promote the company’s culture, vision and mission through its operations and procedures.
The COO plays a pivotal role in overseeing the development of the strategy, the technical operations and the impact evaluation of the work of SAT-7. The COO will have line responsibility for key matrix functions and will also have day-to-day involvement with SAT-7’s channels implementing deputy-CEO and CEO initiatives.
Personal and professional qualifications
- Be sympathetic with and enthusiastic about the purpose, ethos and goals of SAT-7
- Previous senior leadership experience, ideally in a similar organisation
- Understanding of key operational functions such as Broadcasting and IT
- Previous experience of working in the Middle East or North Africa a strong advantage
- Experience in financial management a strong advantage
- Fluent in English; Arabic or Farsi or Turkish an advantage
- BA or BSc in Business Administration or relevant field; MSc/MBA a plus
- Outstanding organisational and servant leadership abilities
- Excellent interpersonal, cross-cultural and public speaking skills
- Excellent decision making and problem-solving skills
To apply for this position, please send your CV and cover letter explaining your motivation to serve with SAT-7 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position for which you are applying in the subject line of your email.